Tuesday 21 May 2013

Mithilesh Mishra IAS


Optional Subjects
History, Philosophy
Success Plan
After completing school education with science, I did graduation with Philosophy. During graduation, I mentally prepared myself to take a plunge into this grueling competition.

With eye on career in IAS, I completed B Ed. and joined Kendriya Vidhalya Sangathan as TGT. But, as soon as I realized, my job is not allowing me to concentrate fully, I left the job and indulged in serious Civil Service Examination preparation.

In CSE 2009 after my Prelims result, I shifted to Delhi and joined the relevant coaching institutions for precise study-plan.

I kept on taking proper guidance as per my needs and strategy that helped me crack this examination.

Although I got IPS post; but, my selection ensured that I am on right track and I fulfilled my grandfather’s dream in this attempt.

Number of attempts
This was my third attempt. I began my endeavor with unpleasant result in first encounter with Preliminary Examination in 2005. After that continuously for three years, I applied but could not appear in Prelims. In last attempt in CSE 2009 I got selected and got IPS Post. This time in CSE 2010, I got 46th Rank.

Time Management
time Management is the foremost quality for an efficient administrator; keeping in mind I always cared about time and maintained balance between study and other works.
Optional Subjects
Optional Subject 1: History
Optional Subject 2: Philosophy

I am post-graduate with Philosophy and had been a History teacher (TGT) in school; so, choice of my optional subjects was obvious. In all my attempts, optional subjects remained the same.
Prelims
To counter Preliminary Examination, I attempted model Test Papers to gain proficiency in handling objective-type questions.

In Preliminary Examination, gave more weightage to optional papers; but in present format, the role of General Studies is what it used to be of optional subjects in Prelims.

Negative marking
In first go, didn’t touch those questions which I couldn’t answer well. In second round, had a cursory look at these questions and ascertained if I know anything about these.

One can attempt these doubtful questions on basis of eliminating wrong optional and reaching at some conclusion.
Mains
For Main Examination, I preferred extensive study-plan and relied up on text-books.

While attempting Main Examination, find out how many questions you can attempt confidently after reading all questions. Pick the ones which look easy to you and attempt.
Essay
I picked up the topic “From traditional Indian philanthropy to the Gates-Buffett model – a natural progression or a paradigm shift?” I scored well in Essay paper.

The reason for choosing this topic was my great interest in Indian Culture and concern about various welfare schemes; while writing Essay, I got benefit of interrelation between these two.
Interview
My preparation for interview revolved around mock interviews, my last attempt interview experience as I had faced UPSC interview board in my last attempt and my IPS training at NPA, Hyderabad as I expected a lot of questions relating to that.

I was interview on 15th April 2010 by Mr. Prashant Kumar Mishra’s board.
Interview Questions
Among many questions asked the prominent ones’ are:
  • Police reforms and training
  • Health services in rural areas
  • Reasons of Poorvanchal’s backwardness and ‘Telangana’ issue.
  • Benefit of Navodya Vidhalyas
  • Questions relating to my hobbies
  • If I am satisfied with my interview
Advice
Whatever social investment is made by government on your education, consider that as a debt and try to repay this with sincere efforts and contribution towards betterment of the society.

Show fascination towards the goal, believe in hard work and have faith in your capabilities.
Marks Obtained

Total MarksMarks Obtained
Essay200118
General Studies600253 (146 + 107)
History600323 (170 + 153)
Philosophy600328 (153 + 175)
Total (Written)20001022
Interview300231
Total2300125354.48 %

No comments:

Post a Comment